Sonor 1054

To download the record
Title Listen to the bells of St George's Chapel
Authors of the documentation COLLEGE OF ST. GEORGE
Date 2018
Duration 05:00
Class Sunday
Remarks The Curfew Tower, situated to the west of the Chapel and the Horseshoe Cloister, was originally built as part of the castle defenses by Henry III in 1227.

In 1477, Edward IV made the tower available to the Canons to serve as a bell tower.

A substantial oak structure was constructed within the tower to house the bells and withstand the immense pressures generated by the swing of the bells.
  • Curfew Tower (Windsor Castle) - WINDSOR: Bells, bell ringers and bell ringing
  • WINDSOR: Bells, bell ringers and bell ringing
  • Recordings of ringing: Bibliography
  • Recordings of ringing
  • Back to previous page
  • Main menu CAMPANERS DE LA CATEDRAL DE VALÈNCIA
    Campaners de la Catedral de València
    © Campaners de la Catedral de València (2024)
    campaners@hotmail.com
    Updating: 12-06-2024
    Convertir a PDF

    Connectats: 94 Visitants: 94 Usuaris: 0